All fish died overnight??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the day befor it happend when i turned my light on my clown loach was kinda dull but in like 20mins he was back to nice dark red tail/fins and dark black lines they all were eating very regualr once a day either a pelet food a flake food of different stuff or frozen blood worm i would cut they little cube up because they couldnt eat the whole thing in one go...my weather loach was alot more active then usual but it has always been the one that just rockets around the bottom of the tank it actualy flipped a small peice of wood i have in the tank one day

about 2 weeks into the tank being set up with the 3 small fish in the tank the paramiters went higher then usual "the spike" for about a week or so then went back down to almost 0 with once weekly PWC aprox. 15% its been a month and a half since then and they all just up and died

You said something was running for a week. But you said your tank was up for 3 months. So, to clarify: did you cycle for a week or were the fish in for a week?

about 2 weeks into the tank being set up with the 3 small fish in the tank the paramiters went higher then usual "the spike" for about a week or so then went back down to almost 0 with once weekly PWC aprox. 15% its been a month and a half since then and they all just up and died

Reading your answer to Jenatron's question, and also I read again the whole tread, IMO the tank did not fully cycled in one week. You also did not remember if the nitrites were the ones as high as 5 ppm, the most likely cause of the dead or your fish were the high levels of nitrite in a not cycled tank.

I was thinking that was strange that all died the same night, but after I read it again, all mean 3 fish, and yes, unfortunately is not uncommon than 3 fish can died in a not fully cycled tank in one day..... Just my opinion.

sorry it was nitrate that was at 5 ppm.. nitrite was at 0 I just found she sheet i wrote it on 0 amonia, 0 nitrite, 5 nitrate.. right after i scooped the dead fish out of the tank you think the increase would have showed on the test after at most 8 hours?

If your tank parameters are as such then all I can think of is that you had sick fish. In the past, all of my major die-offs have been because of water quality and usually were very rapid - some in a day, some in two days. I lost an entire tank of mixed SA cichlids in the span of about 8 hours due to water quality before I was as cautious as I am now - and those were some hardy fish.

ya im stumped too they looked perfectly healthy no signs or trying hard to breath or just sitting in one place..the colours wer very bright too i know the clown loach and the buenos get very pale if they arnt happy but they ate fine swam fine and just died it was like the black plague hit my tank with a vengance

Back
Top Bottom