all my fish are dead please help me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allmyfisharedumb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
all my fish died last night cycled my tank for 2 months and api test were fine then new fish in gold fish out and in the morning they all dead no clue what happened please help

allmyfisharedumb said:
all my fish died last night cycled my tank for 2 months and api test were fine then new fish in gold fish out and in the morning they all dead no clue what happened please help

What did your levels read? How did you cycle the tank?

allmyfisharedumb said:

Do you mean that you removed gold fish from the tank and added new fish?
How big is the tank? How many fish did you add? Which kind of fish?
How did you add the fish? Did you perform a PWC before adding the new fish?

Sorry for too many questions, but I'm just trying to help.

Goldfish can also be toxic to other fish. If the filtration was inadequate and you added new highly stressed fish........,

all my fish died

i have a ten gallon and a twenty gallon tank the ten gallon tank has been two months of gold fish there were 3 in it 20 percent water change then i put ten tropical schooling fish tetras nitrite level is very bad cant get it to come down changed water and water sorce less feeding and water stabilizers no luck in anything

So what were your exact levels? Sorry, I am a little confused since you first said your levels were all good, but now said your nitrites were really high.

i did a 20 percent water change and my nitrite levels were great saturdady morning and by sunday nitrite level was 18.5

If your nitrite test was accurate, that is why your fish died. That is toxic.
Just to clarify, what was the level when the new fish went in?

Looks like, even with the two full months with 3 gold fish, the tank is not fully cycle yet.
As others said, you need to keep doing PWC as needed, meaning that could be daily, the goal is to keep ammonia and nitrites below 0.5 ppm or as close to 0 ppm as possible.

Plus gold fish are cold water and tetras are warm, I know the nitrates explained the deaths but this has not been addressed

the temp in both my tanks are 80 degrees and i acclumated the fish for ten min in bags in tank wate then netted the out of bag in to my tank

Back
Top Bottom