Almond leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie_dave

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just been looking at almond leafs and wondered if they are worth buying do they really do wonders for your water quality?

From what I have heard from others almond leaves lower your ph as well as provide a skin for faster biofilm creation than other surfaces. Not sure how much is true but I have some ordered and will test in a couple of weeks.

The almond leaves prevents fungus and bacterial diseases from what I read. I use Indian almond leaves in my tank and my fish are healthy and eating well. Bettas love the Indian almonds leaves and most SA fish love them too.

I just ordered some too! They seem to beneficial.. They leach Tannins if not anything else...

Yah, I got a 10 pack off amazon for $5, I think they're pretty good size too, I'm going to cut them up a bit and kind of make more caves and hideaways, give my stressed female a break..

Yeah I paid £3.99 for 10 and they are 7" smart thinking with the female I'm going to get rid of most of these plastic plants and get some twigs and stuff cannot wait till I get then but I'm going to put them in all my tanks

Try some easy real plants! Tie some java fern and anubias to the driftwood! Apisto's love them, they'll be zipping in and out if them way more than plastics..

Do they need much lighting because the light is broke but I'm using a led decorative strip light but there's loads of natural light that comes through the window

Java fern would grow in a bucket in the closet.. Anubias will be fine with low light..

Cool I like the look of the java moss on the bog wood do you tie it on with fishing line or could you glue it on?

Either way.. I use zip ties myself, or just cut a notch in the wood and wedge it in..

2 weeks?!? I could do some damage with that much time.. I'm now plotting what to sneak in tomorrow while my gf is at her aunts.. My Lfs has these 30 breeders for sale.. Hmmmmmmm, they'd make a sweeet apisto tank..

Yup 2 weeks I get married a week tomorrow but all I can think of it scaping my tank and what could make it better for my apistos, more tanks huh? Every time I look on gum tree all I get is remember we have a wedding to pay for but once the wedding is over we are going tank shopping for sure ;-)

Back
Top Bottom