Alternative stocking for a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggbii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a 10 gallon aquarium from a friend and after I reseal the silicon and everything I was hoping to be able to put a fish in it but I really don't want any tetras or platys or common fish?? I've considered pea puffers but I've heard that they're pretty picky eaters. Does anybody have any suggestions for any fish that'll be visually interesting in a 10 gallon?

Have you thought of African Dwarf Frogs? They're easy to maintain and are a little more eccentric than the fish you mentioned.

I have a 10 gal with 2 African dwarf frogs and a platy. Just recently added a dwarf gourami. The gourami makes for a nice "centerpiece fish" and very beautiful with the red and blue neon stripes. I want to add some neon tetras too but think I just about reached my stock limit

You could maybe even add a really cool and beautiful betta along with some ADFs in there. With my experience out of ALL other species I've encountered, ADFs and bettas seem to be to most hardy.

You could always try some shrimp. They're very pretty and active.
Make sure that you don't feed them food that has copper in it, though!
It'll kill them... :( That was my mistake when I first got shrimp.
They're very mellow and fun to watch. Here's the link that I used... https://aquaticarts.com/collections/freshwater-shrimp
They get along with peaceful fish that are about the same size.
If you get anything bigger the fish may eat them.
They love driftwood, live plants, and moss balls. (y)

I'm kinda interested in doing a shrimp tank!! I've been looking at shrimp online and there's some really cool varieties that I've seen!!

Back
Top Bottom