Alternative to co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sugars and starches in some wood when submerged create a temporary harmless fungus .
Well I went to take a picture and is gone now, but it happened before and was right around the time half of my fish died from a fungus people said was columanaris which it wasn't.

A picture would help. But highly probable that what it was. Some fish and snails eat it. Your pleco would.

Here's what it looked like a year and a half ago
d4649e571fe0d6b4c3cab0c7437b5c93.jpg

Didn't look the same this time looked more stringy, maybe the dust particles from the coagulant I put in the tank to bind the dust particles together

I just get super worried lol, I take such good care without over cleaning because yes a tank can be over cleaned, I saw that a few days ago and was like oh heck no, not again.

Well could only see brown on leaves and rock now I see green algae on my drift wood GRRRR, I think it's because the new substrate holds nutrients better so everything's growing Idk.

Filamentous I watch. Some ill let go. If its only on the wood and it upsets you. Hit it with h2o2.

Yeah I was going to do spot treat for the brown algae as well with peroxide

He mocks my clowns, lays upside down, plays dead I'm like what are you doing get to work dang it lol

Didn't mean to sound like I was contradicting you, but my amazon leaves are thin as they are just starting to grow back from shocking them when I re planted them in the new substrate, even I pulled them up the roots were all the way across my tank so I'm sure they are going through another shock

Didn't mean to sound like I was contradicting you, but my amazon leaves are thin as they are just starting to grow back from shocking them when I re planted them in the new substrate, even I pulled them up the roots were all the way across my tank so I'm sure they are going through another shock
No issues. Lol. Unless leaves are severly covered I dont worry to much.

In my current 10g. You couldn't hardly see any green. It will get better.

Back
Top Bottom