Alyxx's fish room build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still no kittens, lol. I've just been nagging her since I got home. "So, gonna pop out some kittens now? No? How about now?" I like cats too. Funny thing has been watching the boyfriend grow attached - he is a dog person. And now he wants to keep two kittens and the mom.

I'm charging my camera and then there will be fishy pics! And do it! Bettas are awesome little fish - lots of personality like oscars, but packed into 3 inches that don't need huge tanks and don't poop like small dogs. That said, I've wanted oscars forever, but I've never had the tank space. My mom used to keep them and I grew up with stories about them being really personable fish. Oh, fair warning though - bettas are addictive. You get one, then you see another really nice one and before you know it there is a small betta tank on every flat surface of your home!

Haha. I used to not like cats either. Until one cat, one cat made me fall in love with it & I've been passionate about them since. Come on kittens pop out lol.

I'm going to get one I think, put him/her in my 10 gallon tank. A little more room :). Or maybe get a divider & have two lol.

Yeah oscars are messy fish that's for sure lol. Can't wait to see your pictures :)

Ok, picture time!

The Betta Currently Known As Prince

Ziggy Stardust and Prince

Prince flaring

Ziggy

The new HM Double Tail *actually in my kitchen not the fish room*

Driftwood in the 40

Ninja's tank (he is near something black, being a ninja)

Tray o' betta jars

New imported hm female

24 hours worth of baby pleco poop

Ninja, the most difficult fish to photograph well ever

The QT tank next to the best seat in the house

Neat panorama pic from my chair

QT tank

Purple female betta, bred by a forum member!

Calico bn pleco juvie, also bred by same forum member (oohitsae)

Convict juvies

Well there ya go, as promised. Lots of pictures!

Ziggy looks gorgeous! Such a beautiful fish!

& wow that was a lot of pleco waste lol. Unbelievable how much that was :eek:.

Ohh & that HM Double Tail (I think I remembered that right) looks gorgeous as well.

Yeah, that is like 24 hours of poop, from two one inch fish. Thank god for turkey basters!

Believe it or not, I found Ziggy at WALMART! Pictures don't do him justice, either. The flash always washes out his true colors. His tail and the base of his fins are sky blue, and the edges of his dorsal and anal fins are like a mustard yellow. And the HM doubletail was from petco. He is one pretty fish. Ninja is a real beauty, too, but he just refuses to take good pictures. He's just too solid black. And he is hard to find in the tank at times, too. Thus, he is Ninja.

Yeah, that is like 24 hours of poop, from two one inch fish. Thank god for turkey basters!

Believe it or not, I found Ziggy at WALMART! Pictures don't do him justice, either. The flash always washes out his true colors. His tail and the base of his fins are sky blue, and the edges of his dorsal and anal fins are like a mustard yellow. And the HM doubletail was from petco. He is one pretty fish. Ninja is a real beauty, too, but he just refuses to take good pictures. He's just too solid black. And he is hard to find in the tank at times, too. Thus, he is Ninja.

Wow. What a nice find at wal mart. :). I'm going to take my time buying mine. I want to find a really pretty one. Yeah Ninja was hard to see :p I like the name though haha.

Check aquabid. Lots of cool bettas from us sellers and overseas, although the ones from thailand are a bit pricier. Ninja was about $60 after shipping. One of the great things about bettas is that they come in just about any color imaginable. Lots of cool patterns and fin types, too. And yes, he was an epic walmart find. Prince was a walmart fish too, but although he is pretty he isn't nearly as unique. I always take a look because occasionally they will have some real gems.

I took a trip to south padre today and stopped by the walmart right before therw and looked. I wasnt happy at all. Their taks were clean but they had oscars and assorted africans together. Clown loaches with long skirted tetras and more. 8 in plecos for sale as 10g minimun and more

I took a trip to south padre today and stopped by the walmart right before therw and looked. I wasnt happy at all. Their taks were clean but they had oscars and assorted africans together. Clown loaches with long skirted tetras and more. 8 in plecos for sale as 10g minimun and more

Yeah, the tanks at mine are a bit abysmal, too. Green spotted puffers with africans, lots of sick and beat up fish. But the staff in the pet department is getting better and the tanks have been improving lately, which makes me happy. Same with the betta cups. Fish are in somewhat better shape than they used to be. Lots of them look healthy, but most are just ugly fish, lol. I buy bettas mostly for breeding stock, so no ugly fish for me! And yeah, they really really need to update and correct the little info tags for the fish they sell.

My LFS has the PRETTIEST bettas ever. I wanted to cry because I didnt have a tank for the one I wanted. It was BRIGHT red with yellow fins (blue on the tips). And it had a green shine too. It was sooooo sweet.

Here is my betta!!!
img_2617406_0_17e5db2db0161c3a93044216c843ed7e.jpg
img_2617406_1_0935e0451f167afa2c8d6ea4756b1103.jpg

Y'all both have some beautiful Betta fish. That was a smart thing to do hiding that fish :) lol.

Fish room is looking great that is a lot of waste from 2 little fish lol you have a great selection of bettas really like ninja perfect name once all organized and set the way you want are you going to add other tanks and fish

Fish room is looking great that is a lot of waste from 2 little fish lol you have a great selection of bettas really like ninja perfect name once all organized and set the way you want are you going to add other tanks and fish

Yep. I once I figure out a place for it I have a 20 tall with a stand and its going in there too. I have a 20 hex that needs resealing too. But that one is going in the living room.

Yep. I once I figure out a place for it I have a 20 tall with a stand and its going in there too. I have a 20 hex that needs resealing too. But that one is going in the living room.

Very nice hex tanks really don't appeal to me but if done right which I think yours will be can look very good

Back
Top Bottom