Alyxx's fish room build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My fish too is my bedroom since I live with roomates lol I have 5 seperate 1 gal Betta tanks a 2.5 tank with snail and a few guppy and a29 gal with guppys and a 10 gal just started . Lol my roomates think I'm a bit odd

My one roomate got concerned when I told her I was getting the 29 gal lol I had the 2.5 gal tank and 10 Bettas at the time so I rehomed half the Bettas the got the ten gal

Betta I used to own

image-3767605497.jpg

Attachments

• image-1209102625.jpg
    image-1209102625.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image-450258973.jpg
    image-450258973.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1466695812.jpg
    image-1466695812.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 54
  • image-210719417.jpg
    image-210719417.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 70
Betta I own

image-3724497356.jpg

Attachments

• image-828985288.jpg
    image-828985288.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3197714861.jpg
    image-3197714861.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3933970022.jpg
    image-3933970022.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image-1919958271.jpg
    image-1919958271.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 57
Very pretty bettas!

Ok, there are now 5 kittens! Just watched her pop out another one.

Here's my boy my wife picked him out sounds like your going to be having little bundles of fur running around the house soon

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130819_181104.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130819_181104.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20130819_181122.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130819_181122.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 69
Nice the one Betta I own that looks blue is a a actually a green in most light hard to get it to look green in photos

Oooh, vance, pretty betta! And yeah. I am drowning in cats - if she doesn't pop out any more, that makes 11 total felines. 4 older kittens, momma, and 6 babies. Can I panic now? As for plans for them, 2 kittens and Momma are staying with us, and the rest are finding homes. SOON. All we are asking as far as a "rehoming fee" is the cost of a spay/neuter and first vaccinations. I don't want them going to people who don't want to take good care of them. If need be, I will take some to a rescue (a no-kill rescue of course).

As far as the fish room goes, I sucked up another huge pile of pleco poop today! Other than feeding the fish and spot cleaning the qt, the tanks have kind of had to play second fiddle to the kitties today.

Oooh, vance, pretty betta! And yeah. I am drowning in cats - if she doesn't pop out any more, that makes 11 total felines. 4 older kittens, momma, and 6 babies. Can I panic now? As for plans for them, 2 kittens and Momma are staying with us, and the rest are finding homes. SOON. All we are asking as far as a "rehoming fee" is the cost of a spay/neuter and first vaccinations. I don't want them going to people who don't want to take good care of them. If need be, I will take some to a rescue (a no-kill rescue of course).

As far as the fish room goes, I sucked up another huge pile of pleco poop today! Other than feeding the fish and spot cleaning the qt, the tanks have kind of had to play second fiddle to the kitties today.

Thank you and I second finding good caring homes my cat lives with my dad since my wife is highly allergic since our apts don't allow dogs my fish are my pets now lol and dealing with kittens will be a handful but so much fun with our litters we found good homes for them just free though that was 11 years ago now

UGH! So much frustration... I ordered a 20 foot extension for my water changer so I could reach my fish room with it. I go to open it, and I slipped with the scissors and nicked the tubing. Right in the middle of the length. So I had to cut it down to maybe 11 feet because of the hole. I hook it all up and walk the length down the hall - it gets to the door of the fish room. So close yet so far. The whole extension wouldn't have even managed to get the tanks on the far wall. So I guess I will be off to lowes sometime soon to look for a hose to hose connector and some more tubing if I can find the right diameter. Either not or I'm ordering another extension from Drs. Foster and Smith. Guess I will be lugging buckets a while longer.

I did get some black blasting sand rinsed out for the new tank for the crays. I also got swarmed with ants while doing so. I looked down and saw a couple hundred on my foot headed up my leg. I keep finding stray ones on me, too. Thankfully they are non-bitey sugar ants, but still. Creepy.

So I'm going to get the rest of the sand in the tank, then I have to wait for my boyfriend to get home so he can either watch the older kittens so I can use the tub in their bathroom to fill buckets, or so he can man the garden hose nozzle outside so I can fill this tank. Stupid extension thingie... Ruining my plans for the day. Guess I'll do a water change on the living room tanks in the meantime!

UGH! So much frustration... I ordered a 20 foot extension for my water changer so I could reach my fish room with it. I go to open it, and I slipped with the scissors and nicked the tubing. Right in the middle of the length. So I had to cut it down to maybe 11 feet because of the hole. I hook it all up and walk the length down the hall - it gets to the door of the fish room. So close yet so far. The whole extension wouldn't have even managed to get the tanks on the far wall. So I guess I will be off to lowes sometime soon to look for a hose to hose connector and some more tubing if I can find the right diameter. Either not or I'm ordering another extension from Drs. Foster and Smith. Guess I will be lugging buckets a while longer.

I did get some black blasting sand rinsed out for the new tank for the crays. I also got swarmed with ants while doing so. I looked down and saw a couple hundred on my foot headed up my leg. I keep finding stray ones on me, too. Thankfully they are non-bitey sugar ants, but still. Creepy.

So I'm going to get the rest of the sand in the tank, then I have to wait for my boyfriend to get home so he can either watch the older kittens so I can use the tub in their bathroom to fill buckets, or so he can man the garden hose nozzle outside so I can fill this tank. Stupid extension thingie... Ruining my plans for the day. Guess I'll do a water change on the living room tanks in the meantime!

Wow sounds like a wonderful day! Lowes sells quite a few tubes you can use as an extension thats way cheaper than online and they also sell connectors to repair yours!

Yeah, and I've been meaning to take a trip to Lowes for a while now, so I guess I have a pretty good reason now.

Also thinking of some heavy duty ant poison to spread allllll around the house. I am tired of battling these things. Having them swarm me was the last straw!

That does suck Lowes home depot and any acrylic/ plastic store carries those tubes for cheap have you tried ant traps I've used them works wonders just place in likely corners and wait

Woo! Changed the water in the 56 and the 1.5, topped off the 30 until I can mix some saltwater for a water change tomorrow, and I cleaned the hard water stains off the glass top for the 56. Changed the polyfill in one of the filters, too. In 30 mins or so my water should be crystal clear, but for now it's a bit cloudy because I stirred up a lot of stuff with the water change so the new poly could catch it.

Now to rest for a while before tackling the tanks in the other room, where I have to lug buckets. Hopefully I will get the crays moved and the spawning tank cleaned out. Plus a few water changes. Busy day! Yet so much more enjoyable than Wednesday, when I completely cleaned my kitchen.

Had a major leak pop up in the 20 I put the crays in. Got it all broken down yesterday and I got the stuff for the reseal today! So tomorrow I should start pulling out old silicone so I can replace it with new.

I also got the stuff to extend my water changer and some PVC pipe pieces for hiding spots. Going to silicone some sand onto them before I put them in my tanks.

Had a major leak pop up in the 20 I put the crays in. Got it all broken down yesterday and I got the stuff for the reseal today! So tomorrow I should start pulling out old silicone so I can replace it with new.

I also got the stuff to extend my water changer and some PVC pipe pieces for hiding spots. Going to silicone some sand onto them before I put them in my tanks.

How'd the reseal go? :).

Also how about the PVC pipe? Did it turn out good?

How'd the reseal go? :).

Also how about the PVC pipe? Did it turn out good?

I haven't messed with any of it yet. Spent most of yesterday at the store and in the kitchen. Decided to have quiche with a homemade puff pastry crust for dinner. It was delicious and totally worth a couple hours of rolling dough, refrigerating it, rolling it again...

I don't know how you spread your silicone on but if look in that same aisle there should a black wide mouthed spreader I use that at work to spread glue on tub surrounds thought I'd throw that out there it'd make getting an even spread across the PVC for the sand easier

Back
Top Bottom