Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-28-2015, 03:51 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

And I don't necessarily need to get a top dweller, I really appreciate all the info. The hatchets are cool, my LFS has them once and a while. What other type of schooling fish do you think I can add to make this tank complete? I do plan on adding more shrimp too gradually because I love having shrimp lol. I do like the Harley's a lot, but I was thinking of upgrading my 10 gal in the bedroom with my betta (that now has dropsy I'm pretty sure , and also is overrun with BGA) to a 20 gallon because I just want something a little bigger than a 10. Plus I have another 10 cycling in my living room right now and was possibly planning of putting a school of 6 Harley's in there along with shrimp or I was gonna go with these microrasboras the LFS has instead of the Harley's because they were smaller. If I were to upgrade to the 20 I feel the Harley's will fare better in there versus a 10.
Here is the 10 that's cycling now Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448740266.524476.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	281282

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 12-10-2015, 08:43 PM   #12

Well, I ended up going with 7 Praecox Rainbows and they are awesome! Although I feel they chase my Pygmy cories and the Pygmys are slowly dying but the water and everything else is fine. so I have 8 Cardinals, 8 Rummy Nose, 7 Praecox, 1m 2f honey gouramis, and Amano/Malayan/RCS. Oh and snails. Was wondering if I still have some room in there.

On another note, the girl and I got a 29 up and cycling. 30" finnex diy co2 Eco complete. Was planning on playing heavily like the rest of our tanks and getting 15-18 Harlequin Rasboras and then 2-3 GBR or Electric Blue Rams. And my girlfriend really wants flower shrimp. How does this sound? Thanks in advance!

Old 12-10-2015, 10:39 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Harlequin Rasboras are lovely, and colorful, and I think you'd like them, as they're also tough and don't get sick easily. They get about 2" at maturity. So I'd only get about 12 of them, and 2-3 GBR or Electric blues. For a 29, I wouldn't think you should put much else in there--you'd be pretty well stocked.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RackinRocky View Post
Harlequin Rasboras are lovely, and colorful, and I think you'd like them, as they're also tough and don't get sick easily. They get about 2" at maturity. So I'd only get about 12 of them, and 2-3 GBR or Electric blues. For a 29, I wouldn't think you should put much else in there--you'd be pretty well stocked.

Ok great! 12 and 2 or 3 sounds awesome. Cannot wait till the tank cycles lol

Old 12-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #15

So now the 37 gal has 7 Praecox rainbows, 8 Rummynose, 7 Cardinals, 3 honey gourami and 5-6 Pygmy cories as well as shrimp. Do I have room to add anything else? Maybe even out the tetra schools both at 7 and that's it?

Tags
stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com