Am I at my stocking limit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrewQ522

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was wondering if you guys think that I can add something else or I am good with what I have. Currently I have 7 Cardinal Tetras, 8 Rummy Nose Tetras, 9 Pygmy Cory catfish, 1 male and 2 female Honey Gourami, 3 Nerite snails, and a dozen assorted shrimp (Malayan, RCS, Orange Rili, and I think orange bee shrimp too). My plants are still growing in and I have naja grass up top that's still growing nicely but nothing really occupies the upper 1/2 of the tank much at all. It's a 37 tall. Just wondering what everyone thinks! Thanks.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448675626.638129.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think you have a decent amount of space for more fish actually. None of your fish are particularly bioload intensive. What did you have in mind?

You have a decent spread, could.pad the current shoals no problem. A centerpiece could be tricky with the gourami.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think you have a decent amount of space for more fish actually. None of your fish are particularly bioload intensive. What did you have in mind?

I'm not positive. I'd like to maybe add another school if like 7-8 of something that's more of a top dweller that's somewhat active but I'm not sure what my options would be lol

Where do harlequins occupy? I do like the look of harlequins

The tank has a glass lid on it so I'm good there. Had to put that little plastic piece on because one of my nerites climbed right out of the tank twice! Lol. Those clown killi's are super cool but I've never seen them in my LFS before.

And I don't necessarily need to get a top dweller, I really appreciate all the info. The hatchets are cool, my LFS has them once and a while. What other type of schooling fish do you think I can add to make this tank complete? I do plan on adding more shrimp too gradually because I love having shrimp lol. I do like the Harley's a lot, but I was thinking of upgrading my 10 gal in the bedroom with my betta (that now has dropsy I'm pretty sure :(, and also is overrun with BGA) to a 20 gallon because I just want something a little bigger than a 10. Plus I have another 10 cycling in my living room right now and was possibly planning of putting a school of 6 Harley's in there along with shrimp or I was gonna go with these microrasboras the LFS has instead of the Harley's because they were smaller. If I were to upgrade to the 20 I feel the Harley's will fare better in there versus a 10.
Here is the 10 that's cycling now ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448740266.524476.jpg

Well, I ended up going with 7 Praecox Rainbows and they are awesome! Although I feel they chase my Pygmy cories and the Pygmys are slowly dying but the water and everything else is fine. so I have 8 Cardinals, 8 Rummy Nose, 7 Praecox, 1m 2f honey gouramis, and Amano/Malayan/RCS. Oh and snails. Was wondering if I still have some room in there.

On another note, the girl and I got a 29 up and cycling. 30" finnex diy co2 Eco complete. Was planning on playing heavily like the rest of our tanks and getting 15-18 Harlequin Rasboras and then 2-3 GBR or Electric Blue Rams. And my girlfriend really wants flower shrimp. How does this sound? Thanks in advance!

Harlequin Rasboras are lovely, and colorful, and I think you'd like them, as they're also tough and don't get sick easily. They get about 2" at maturity. So I'd only get about 12 of them, and 2-3 GBR or Electric blues. For a 29, I wouldn't think you should put much else in there--you'd be pretty well stocked.

Harlequin Rasboras are lovely, and colorful, and I think you'd like them, as they're also tough and don't get sick easily. They get about 2" at maturity. So I'd only get about 12 of them, and 2-3 GBR or Electric blues. For a 29, I wouldn't think you should put much else in there--you'd be pretty well stocked.

Ok great! 12 and 2 or 3 sounds awesome. Cannot wait till the tank cycles lol

So now the 37 gal has 7 Praecox rainbows, 8 Rummynose, 7 Cardinals, 3 honey gourami and 5-6 Pygmy cories as well as shrimp. Do I have room to add anything else? Maybe even out the tetra schools both at 7 and that's it?

Back
Top Bottom