Am I at my stocking limit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank and its occupants are listed below. I find it hard to tell what the stocking limits are on a tank. Some are obvious but for mine I really don't know. And the tank is also planted.

I would like to still add are a few more silver tips since I got one by accident when purchasing my lemon tetras. Also maybe add a few more to my current schools of lemon tetras and leopard danios. And maybe some more cories. Thanks in advance :)

The smaller fish like the cories, danios, and tetras shouldn't have that much of a bioload affect. Actually, cories do better with a shoal of 6 or so. What kind of a filter are you running on it currently? How often do you do water changes? if you change out 15 gallons or so a week, i'd say you should be fine with the bioload. Just keep an eye on the nitrates. Btw, what are the dimensions of the tank?
I'd say you'd be fine with adding 4 more panda's, and a few more silvertips. The danios and lemons are fine they way they are in a school of 7. They usually recommend 6 or so to a school.
HTH
-Stewie

Well, considering the eventual size of the angel and the T. leeri, I would suggest perhaps 2-3 more corys and another 4-5 silvertips, but thats it.

stewie said:
The smaller fish like the cories, danios, and tetras shouldn't have that much of a bioload affect. Actually, cories do better with a shoal of 6 or so. What kind of a filter are you running on it currently? How often do you do water changes? if you change out 15 gallons or so a week, i'd say you should be fine with the bioload. Just keep an eye on the nitrates. Btw, what are the dimensions of the tank?
I'd say you'd be fine with adding 4 more panda's, and a few more silvertips. The danios and lemons are fine they way they are in a school of 7. They usually recommend 6 or so to a school.
HTH
-Stewie

I'm running a fluval 304 and an aquaclear 70. I do a water change once a week. The tank dimensions are 36"W x 15"D x 20"H.

Sounds good to me. I've found panda sort of difficult to keep I had like 6 at one point then slowly they started dying off maybe ill have better luck this time.

Toirtis said:
Well, considering the eventual size of the angel and the T. leeri, I would suggest perhaps 2-3 more corys and another 4-5 silvertips, but thats it.

How fast do angelfish and the gouramis usually grow? I had them for almost year so far and I think they are at their full size but I could be mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom