am i being humane/realistic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spy_90

Aquarium Advice Regular
i currently am home for the summer, and have a pretty good 10g tank going at home. i am going back to college in a month or so, and i really would like to have fish in my dorm. i was thinking about getting a 29g for the house, and just put a few fish/plants in there. then take the 10G up to school with me with a few fish. the problem is during semester break they turn off electricity to the dorms.. so i would have to take the fish home, and they would have to stay in the 29G for about 2 weeks.

do you guys think that this will work? is it humane and fair to the fish? the car trip is about 45min long. i would be planning to use some hardy fish for the dorm, does anyone have any suggestions?
i'm on the fence on my fish in the dorms dreams... heh, i really like fish, but i don't wanna kill/stress them D:

thanks for listening to my rambles :D

Just get a beta. Put it in a nice 1 or 2 gallon tank maybe, then during break you can take that and dump it into a large piece of tuperware for easy transportation.

I've seen some really cute tanks and ideas for Betas. A friend of mine keeps her Beta in one those small mini-bow tanks. They come in different colors and are very cool to look at. And she can change its location fairly easily. That would make Roger's idea even better!

hmm alright : )
i've heard of some people doing some nice setups with beta's in a 10g with some dividers.
the 10g is what i have to work with =\
it's got filter/heater/gravel/everything though : )

Back
Top Bottom