Am I overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sambos_gurl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! I still feel like a beginner even though I have been into setting up and running aquarims for 5 years now. I feel like everday I am learning something new. I still get nervous when I stock a new tank. I just set up one recently and I want everyone's opinion....am I overstocked?

I have in a 29 gallon tank:

4 black phantom tetras
1 Yoyo Loach
1 Clown Loach
3 danios

I am more worried about the loaches than anything. The yoyo loach is already full size but the clown loach is still very small. I do water changes and/or maitenance about 1-2 times per week if that helps. The tetras in the tank have been living for 4 years so everyone is healthy including the new additions.

Clown loaches get huge. But people have told me stunting does not affect them. Not sure about that though. It seems strange.

I'm not very goo at stocking levels either, but if you can get more fish, I would suggest adding at least 3 more danios. They really need a school of six or more.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Strange thing about the danios, everytime I buy a danio to make the total 4 the new ones dies. I have had this happen 3 times. I am not sure why but I decided if they are happy at 3 then I will leave them be. LOL

Back
Top Bottom