am i overstocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamclement

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I have a 30 gallon - 3ft tank, planted with 3 amazon swords, lots of camboba, some crypts, some java ferns and whorled pennywort, with some amazon frogbit floating around.

Im using ae aqua carbon with 2 t5s for lighting. Filter is an Ehiem 2313 external canister. Getting good growth from plants....

livestock i have is::fish1:

1 apple snail
10 assasin snails
1 SAE
3 guppies
2 albino cories
8 panda cories
8 sailfin mollies

All seem happy, nitrite and ammonia are at zero, nitrates around 15-20...

am i overstocked?

i have been offered a few platies....would this be pushing it?

:thanks:
adam

I would say you are good. Good mix of top, middle, and bottom. Maybe even some shrimp would help clean-up. They have a very small bio-load. Just keep up on the water changes.

I have had 2 tanks for about 4 years (30 & 65) setup in all different ways (cichlids, planted, gourami ect.) and almost always have been labeled "overstocked" and never had a problem with test levels or disease. As long as you keep up on water chages.

IMO your panda cories need a bigger school.
If I'm reading that right, it says eight mollies??? That's a no. I only had one in a thirty gallon and it was the biggeset poop machine of them all, I can't imagine what eight could do.
IMO I think your SAE should be in a school too, but that takes a bigger tank.
JMO.

Panda and albino corys will school loosely together, there's enough albino corys in the tank for the the two pandas to hang out with, they won't really be stressed.

hi.

am looking at re-homing some of the mollies.

was told at pet shop that mollies should only be kept in groups of 6 or more (like a skooling fish).

will they be happy if there's only 2 or 3 in the tank...?

Back
Top Bottom