Am I overstocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

czar2008

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 12g fluval edge at the moment I have 3 harlequin 3 cory catfish and 2 platties can i add any more or is this my limit. Thanks

czar2008 said:
I have a 12g fluval edge at the moment I have 3 harlequin 3 cory catfish and 2 platties can i add any more or is this my limit. Thanks

I would just add three more rasboras and call yourself stocked.

I did a water test last week and everything was fine just got the 2 platties on thursday so I will do another water test this thursday. I was thinking of getting 3 rummy nose tetra do you think thats a bad idea?

I'd say no on the rummynose. Partially because your fully stocked and also, they are very active and need schools of 6. So, as your stock now, I'd add 3 harqualins and say your done. You can Mabye(kit possibablly) add a single honey gourami. But if you did that, I'd say you need to make sure you are doung weekly 30% water changes. So what exactly are your parameters, can you give numbers? And also, what kind of kit do you have, API strips or liquid?

I wouldn't if I did anything I would raise the numbers on what you have. They should be in bigger groups then what you have them in. So I'd follow emeralds76 advice ^^

We have a 12g Fluval Edge and it's not suitable for rummy's plus your pretty stocked up. You could possibly do 3 more rasboras but you will need to be diligent about weekly water changes. I also suggest since the filter is so small getting some purgen and make a little bag the right size to fit in the filter and use it instead of the carbon pack.

Thanks for your help guys. Charlie the ph was 7.6 amonia was 0ppm and ive got the nitrate NO2 was 0ppm and nitrate NO3 was 5.0ppm it is an API liquid test kit I am using.

Hi I got the seachem purigen can you tell me were I put it in the fluval edge filter do I take the carbon one out and place it in there or does it go on the top. Thanks

I have Fluval Edge tanks and I take out the carbon and make a little sack of Purgen that will fit in that space.

Thanks for your help I will give it a try I thought the purigen always had to go on the top of the filter.

As you know those little dinky filters make it difficult to do much of anything with so that's where I decided to put it. It has worked really good there for me.

Ok I will do that I will let you know how I get on thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom