Am I ready for a dwarf puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
Lots of rearranging going on here and I think I'm ready to try keeping a fish I've wanted for a long time, a dwarf puffer.

I have an established, planted 5g. From my research I have optimal pH and water temp. I have pest snails in two other tanks; I've also been pulling some out to reproduce on their own.

There are some neo shrimp culls in the tank...will a DP eat adults or just fry?

Other than that am I ready to get my new little friend?

what type of dwarf puffer are you talking about specifically, it sounds like you've got everything all set. the dwarf puffer will probably eat the adults to, if not he'll atleast torment them until they die

Indian dwarf puffer.

I also have a variety of frozen foods. Would a DP appreciate livebearer fry culls?

When you think you have enough pest snails then double it. They go thru them so fast. I had one that would only eat pest snails and live brine shrimp.
Mine was a weird dp. He lived with an endler and also my rcs culls. Never bothered them. The endler actually bullied him a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have no idea if you are ready, I mean, it certainly sounds like you know what you are doing! Lol. But I'm for sure super excited for you!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the help and support! I'm going out of town next week so it'll be some time before I get one.

My dp's never attacked my amano shrimp but I've had lots of crazy fish luck lol.

My dp's never attacked my amano shrimp but I've had lots of crazy fish luck lol.

You certainly have!

Off topic but what do you think about gertrudae? I have some coming later this week...have found the blue eyes to be quite addictive!

Back
Top Bottom