Am I stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if you guys think my 55 gallon in fully stocked because I would like to add a little bit of colour. I was thinking of adding a few more boesmani rainbows and a gourami of some type.

My current stock is:
6 lemon tetras
2 neon tetras
2 dwarf gouramies
8 black skirt tetras
2 bristlenose plecos
2 boesemani rainbows
1 trifasciata rainbow
1 leopard gourami
Aquaclear 70 for filtration

I know that the neons will most likely be eaten by the leopard gourami that's why I do not want to complete the school.

Thanks in advance! :thanks:

I was wondering if you guys think my 55 gallon in fully stocked because I would like to add a little bit of colour. I was thinking of adding a few more boesmani rainbows and a gourami of some type.

My current stock is:
6 lemon tetras
2 neon tetras
2 dwarf gouramies
8 black skirt tetras
2 bristlenose plecos
2 boesemani rainbows
1 trifasciata rainbow
1 leopard gourami
Aquaclear 70 for filtration

I know that the neons will most likely be eaten by the leoperd gourami that's why I do not want to complete the school.

Thanks in advance! :thanks:

(You are stocked)!
I would add 1 rainbow

Okay I will take your advice under consideration.

Thanks

Revisiting this topic. Now that I have a life during my second semester I really want to add something. Do you think two more boesmanis and two gbrs would work? According to aquadvisor that's 111% I would also add a second ac 70 eventually.

Revisiting this topic. Now that I have a life during my second semester I really want to add something. Do you think two more boesmanis and two gbrs would work? According to aquadvisor that's 111% I would also add a second ac 70 eventually.

I would advise against added a pair or GBR in a over stocked tank since they are more sensitive than other fish and can be territorial. I personally wouldn't have a 4" schooling fish in a 55 gallon but that's just my opinion. Also just something to think about, over filtration does not necessarily mean you are able to over stock, filters by themselves do not remove nitrates that build up from having too many fish

I would advise against added a pair or GBR in a over stocked tank since they are more sensitive than other fish and can be territorial. I personally wouldn't have a 4" schooling fish in a 55 gallon but that's just my opinion. Also just something to think about, over filtration does not necessarily mean you are able to over stock, filters by themselves do not remove nitrates that build up from having too many fish

Just wondering what's wrong with a 4 inch schooler in a 55.

Just wondering what's wrong with a 4 inch schooler in a 55.

A lot of people have these fish in their 55s so like I said, its just my personal preference not to have the recommended 5+ of 4" active fish in that size tank with other inhabitants.

Back
Top Bottom