Amano shrimp acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oneleee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I recently set up a new tank, cycled the water and checked it and all is fine transferred fish and all is well. Apart from my shrimp! They seem to be spending a lot of time cleaning themselves. Much more than they used to. They are always together whereas before they didn't really take each other on. I've had them for a couple of years and only recently they've been like this. The water is testing fine and the fish are all doing good. I have changed from gravel to sand, could this be it? Any thought would be appreciated thanks guys.

I'm assuming you recently transferred your fish and shrimp to a new tank from an previous tank? If so it could just be their new surroundings causing them to act this way.
How long have they been in the new tank? I'd gather they'll eventually start to ... if not already ... do more exploring and then be on their own more and more.

Yeah, I've transferred my fish and shrimps to my new tank from a smaller one. They've been in there for about 3 weeks now and don't seem to doing much exploring as yet. I've put new live plants in the aquarium and wondered if they'd had copper on them and I've not rinsed it all off and that's why they were constantly cleaning them selves? Everything else has settled in ok and the water is fine. There are no new fish in there as yet so don't think they're getting harnessed or anything. The shrimp seem healthy I've just not seen them eat for a while but they could well be doing that when the lights are off.
Thanks for you reply.

Back
Top Bottom