Amazing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtnee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had to get my big fourlines out of the 10gl, it was just not big enough. My 55gl with the PWC and biospira has me down to ZERO ammonia and nitrItes. It was the best thing to do, to put them back "home".

No signs of illness right now and whatever it was before it didnt seem to get to them. *crossing fingers*

I put them in a 5gl bucket and got them use to the temp. I finally dumped them in to avoid a net and they sank to the bottom. They are swimming all over and playing. It is sooo cute! I changed the tank around... Tankboss was confused her "spot" was a little harder to get too.

Tankboss took the change well and went right to swimming around and checking things out. Pranzer just sat at the bottom staring at me like I was some evil woman changing things on him AGAIN! He sat there talking and refused to move.

Tankboss came up and nudged him a few times, she kept her face in his top fin for awhile as if she was "cuddling" him. She pushed him again and he swam off with her after about 5mins of this.

These two never sat in the same hiding spot prior to this. They didn't stay next to each other ever that I saw.

The 10gl they always were together, against each other and it is like they found comfort in each other. I noticed that with them in there. They had no real hiding place and used each other.

To see them continue it in the 55gl when Tankboss came around and "helped" Pranzer out nudging him as if she was worried about him and needed him swim and enjoy the freedom they have again. It was beautiful!

I think they gained a bond while in that small tank together as mushy as it sounds. :)

If anything good came out of your tank disaster, maybe it's the new bond between these fish that will give you some interesting moments to watch.

Bio Spira really is magic. I say again, it's magic. It got me out a 27 day fishless cycle. Should have used it to start. Congrats on all the good news.

Very cool, these are the pictus, right?

My pictus won't have anything to do with each other. If one loses his cave it leads to endless fighting and torn fins. Luckily I have lots of driftwood caves set up in the planted tank for them...unfortunately, they like their holes so much they've stopped coming out almost entirely in the past few months.

Yes they are pictus but they are not spotted pictus. They are "fourlines" as sold to me but actually

TankBoss is a Pimelodus maculatus "spotted pim" and Pranzer is a Pimelodus albofasciatus "white line pim" They look just alike except their spot markings.

These two are so mellow. I had 4 spotted pictus and they LOVED to fight. Even with plenty of places to hide. The fourlines never care if another fish such as the pleco comes in their cave. In fact my one spotted pictus would always rub against Pranzer and at times he would swish his tail and that is about it, the spotted pictus would crowd him and just constantly brush against him and wanted to be by him. Pranzer could of done damage I mean is is 6" and the spotted pictus that did this was like 3" LOL

They never bother ANY fish in the tank.

I like pictus, but I have to say these two are the best and I dont have just one but two very mellow ones and I just adore them, they hide a lot more and are more scared of light and things, but they are coming around.

Back
Top Bottom