Amazon sword with transparent dots !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishaFishay

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i bought an amazon sword compacta a few days ago and now im noticing transparent dots on it . I put api leaf zone and the water isnt dirty . Can it be that there is no root food because i cleaned the gravel all up ? This is the 3rd amazon sword like that. And do you know what plant is the one in the pot ?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1440391040997.jpg
    1440391040997.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 1440391074606.jpg
    1440391074606.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 93
Pot looks like Micro Sword.

I would try some root tabs for the Sword pushed down about 3" deep into the substrate, and spaced as directed "X" inches away from each tab.

I am still learning plant issues so I am not sure otherwise, except I know the Swords thrive with ferts at their root zones.

You may have some leaf die off when the plants go to a new environment/different water parameters. It is possible I remember potassium for holes in plant leaves, though not sure this is the same thing.

Pot looks like Micro Sword.

I would try some root tabs for the Sword pushed down about 3" deep into the substrate, and spaced as directed "X" inches away from each tab.

I am still learning plant issues so I am not sure otherwise, except I know the Swords thrive with ferts at their root zones.

You may have some leaf die off when the plants go to a new environment/different water parameters. It is possible I remember potassium for holes in plant leaves, though not sure this is the same thing.

+1 swords only feed from their roots and are heavy iron consumers.

The micro sword is a high light requiring plant

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good point about the MS needing lots of light, put it in the brightest spot in the tank, under the light. And root tab(s). Which btw can be shared between plant roots that happen to be placed next / near each other.

Thanks for the info . So for the amazon sword do i cut off the leaves with the transparent spots ?

Thanks for the info . So for the amazon sword do i cut off the leaves with the transparent spots ?

Yes, stops the plant from wasting energy on a part that will die anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Don't forget some of commercially grown swords are grown only partially submerged. It's very possible that this is the first time it's been fully underwater. And it could just be transplant shock.

Mine was small when I first got it, put it in some gravel substrate with an osmocote frozen tab under it and it's been doing great, it has these huges long leaves coming off it. All this dispute having dead leaves and slow growth when it was first put in

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom