Amazon swords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 3 Amazon swords in a 20g tank but 2 of them aren't doing well and the other one is almost outgrowing the tank any idea what's causing this? They where all bought at the same time and the one outgrowing the tank was the sickest one when I got them

Keep calm and drum on

Are you giving them root tabs? Lots of times when you buy plants and you peel apart the rockwool they have in their little pots you can see that the rockwool is littered with osmocote plus. Chances are the big sword had a chance to absorb/ store the nutrients from the osmocote due to it being in the store longer or just a healthier root system to begin with.

Buy some osmocote plus from practically anywhere and fill up and ice tray with a little tank water and dump osmocote in them. Freeze them, pop them out and u have root tabs. Shove them under your swords

- St Charles Almendras Geraldizo

^ +1 i believe ebay sells 1ib for around $9 or you can buy 100 pre-made tabs for about $7.

The one sword is definitely dominating the other 2(survival of the fittest) and the other 2 being planted so closely may never do well, besides a 20 really is too small for 1 Amazon unless you trim the heck out of it.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom