Amazon Tooth Nosed Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sara

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was at Big Al's yesterday, and came across an absolutely beautiful pleco that they called "Amazon Tooth Nosed Pleco"...he was only about 1.5", black with bright white spots (similar to a Snowball Pleco) and had an incredible lyre tail.

I asked more about him, but nobody knew his L number (either than "in the 200's"), and they said that he'd get to about 4" with an additional 2" of tail "trailers".

Extensive searchs on the Planet Catfish Cat-E-Log and Google have turned up nothing. I'd love to take this guy home (despite his $60 Cdn. price tag), but if I can't properly identify him, I don't want to risk owning a potential foot-long pleco that I can't accomodate.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this little guy could be? Apologies for not being able to provide more info, but I didn't have my camera on me and that's the best description I can think of...

TIA!

Definitely not either of those two, but thanks for checking for me RoK!

This guy had colours much more vibrant...the closest I can compare the black and white to are Zebra Pleco colours...pitch black and bright white.

Back
Top Bottom