ammo wont budge!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
allaboutfish said:
should i shake my filter in an uncycled tank?

You mean to rinse debris off it during the pwc? Sure, it might help seed the other, just make sure it doesn't touch water with chlorine.

already shook it in my 5 gallon. i think im gonna buy an aquaclear 20 to run with my aquatech 10-20 bc it's not very good

allaboutfish said:
already shook it in my 5 gallon. i think im gonna buy an aquaclear 20 to run with my aquatech 10-20 bc it's not very good

Cool. Have you tested ammo since the pwc? I'm dying to know.

ok so now it's
ammo-.50
nitrites-0
nitrates-20 or maybe 10 (now how it went from 5.0 to one of those i have no idea)
ill do another 50% to get the ammo down and then tomorrow the ammo should be gone

allaboutfish said:
ok so now it's
ammo-.50
nitrites-0
nitrates-20 or maybe 10 (now how it went from 5.0 to one of those i have no idea)
ill do another 50% to get the ammo down and then tomorrow the ammo should be gone

Odd my friend...odd. How big of pwc's were you previously doing? Just small ones? Are you sure you're doing the nitrAte test right? Shaking #2 solution for 30 seconds, then the test tube for a solid minute?

ok so any advice on my 5 gallon
ammo-1.0 i think or 2.0
nitrites-way too high too read,
nitrates like 10.0

should i do a water change

You've been doing enough that you should have 0's across the board. Since (as I have the info) ammo testing the tap 0, cured w/prime 0, tank stays locked in at 1-2ppm even after a 50% PWC. There's something amiss with you tank, filter, a decco, substrate holding it up and I don't see where else to point you.

i shook my filter in another tank and i did have a decoration that was holding an algae wafer my algae eater hid

Back
Top Bottom