Ammonia: 0; Nitrite: 0, PH: 6 What's going on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimkat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my unfiltered 1 gallon, heated, unfiltered tank I have a sole betta. He's just in there temporarily until I get the 5 gallon cycled.

I just recently got the API Freshwater Master Test Kit and all the readings are coming out really good...to the point where I'm almost skeptical.
1 gallons (especially if unfiltered) are usually skyhigh in ammonia and nirite, right? How it is that ammonia/nitrite is almost 0? Could the test kit be wrong?

Hadn't done a water change for about a week, since I was off on vacation. (He was fed a couple of times throughout the week but for most of the days he fasted. I had someone in my family to take care of him but they didn't do it well.)
Plus, this is my first time doing any kind of reading...so I'm a little confused.

Is this just a plain tank? Does it have any pumps pr plants?

It might be that one of your family members changed the water. Plus bettas tend not to be huge waste producers, especially with sparcer feedings.

Also, it may be possible you didnt put enough drops into your vials or filled the water all the way instead of to the white line.

Ah, that makes sense. Maybe they did.
I did fill it at the white line though!

Thank you.

Ah! I'm so silly. I didn't realize you had to wait a couple minutes for it to change color.

Thank you for your help anyway, haha.

Back
Top Bottom