Ammonia and PH relation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im really confused. Confused about the relation between PH and ammonia. Can someone please explain? Is it that is my PH is 7.0, the ammonia is not really toxic. And if my PH is any lower, ammonia is less toxic and if ph is higher ammonia is more toxic. Or the other way around. Anyways just please explain how this works because I want to know how to determine ammonia level or toxicity based on PH.

P.S. I get kinda stressed when confused.

Don't stress... It's OK. 7.0 ph is good depending on what kinda fish u have and what's best for them. For ammonia to read into your ph level it would have to more around 9.0 and if your ph is really low, start cleaning the tank and do a water change, Check the filter.

Don't stress... It's OK. 7.0 ph is good depending on what kinda fish u have and what's best for them. For ammonia to read into your ph level it would have to more around 9.0 and if your ph is really low, start cleaning the tank and do a water change, Check the filter.

I have a betta fish. He's in a 6.6 fluval chi. I do 25% weekly water changes and usually get around 6.5. To 7.0 ph. I dont have access to an ammonia test kit which is why I ask.

I just get it the 6 in 1 test stripes. For now anyways. It's just easier, and faster readings.

Back
Top Bottom