Ammonia is very high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I will use some of the media from another filter and hope that helps, and clean my Cascade .

And extra Filtration, would a 50 internal do ?

Ok I will use some of the media from another filter and hope that helps, and clean my Cascade .

And extra Filtration, would a 50 internal do ?

We're you running the cascade and the sun Sun together or only one at a time? If you were running them individually it'll probably be okay, but you're cycling the tank again until you as established media to the filter- and even then you should monitor it. Just because you add a sponge doesn't mean there is a large enough bacteria colony to handle the load from your Oscar and turtles.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank for the help all . Everyone has been so helpful. ONE more question. Someone told me that.. there could be an issue since I have sand. And it was suggested that I changed the sand fully. Is that something that I should do.

Thank for the help all . Everyone has been so helpful. ONE more question. Someone told me that.. there could be an issue since I have sand. And it was suggested that I changed the sand fully. Is that something that I should do.

It's a matter of opinion. Some people prefer gravel. You don't have bottom feeders so you don't have to have sand. Though many of us find sand easier to clean. Instead of falling in between rocks it sits on top of the sand.

Caleb

I think sand would be easier to keep the uneaten food cleaned up since it would sit on top and not get lost in the crevices between the gravel rocks. I do not think sand contributed unless there was rotting food trapped under the sand. One time I had some (a rather large ball of) moss which had unknowingly covered under the sand and was rotting and causing poor water quality.

I just changed to sand for aesthetics and my fish have been digging pits in it like crazy. I had a colony of Malaysian trumpet snails but they were eaten by a dragon fly nymph. I wanted to have them in the sand to keep it tilled and eat any extra food.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom