An unlikely new addition...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chikadee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm usually all for cute and pretty fish that are nice and peaceful and don't have to worry about losing fingers with. I don't know what came over me but I decided to give predatory fish a try. Last night I picked up an arrowhead puffer from a guy on campus who was selling his. He's in his own 20 gal with some guppy fry in case he gets hungry. He is the UGLIEST fish I have ever seen, seriously he looks like a retarded E.T. And yet he is very chaming in his own fugly way. :lol:

Just wanted to share the news of my new pet. I'll get pics up as soon as I can. Anyone have any experience with these? I'm excited to try the dangle-shrimp-on-a-string feeding technique tonight. Wish me luck, as I hear they're hard to feed dead food initially, and this guy was raised on feeders at his old home.

Also, does anyone know where I can get one of those stainless steel mesh gloves used to fillet fish?? I want to wear it when i gravel vac so my fingers stay intact! 8O

Well congradulations on your new fish and if you can't find the type of glove you are looking for ( try looking in the fishing pole department) maybe you can find a vac that is long enough that your hand won't be in the water or take him out when you go to clean it. Good luck

Fish are wonderful to have, horrible to eat

Wow, you are going in the opposite direction of cute! I agree with heavenly on the vac issue. A 20 gal tank isn't too tall, you should be able to find a long vac. Or, you never know, he may be scared of the vac!

E.T (as I have dubbed him) is really growing on me... I admit, he is hideous, but he's like one of those ugly troll dolls that I loved growing up, so ugly that it's cute :) I will take your advice on the long gravel vac and try to find one so I don't have to put my hands in. I have to put in the substrate tonight, so that should be a good time, taking out all the decor definitely requires sticking my hand in. Wish me luck! :|

Back
Top Bottom