Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-09-2002, 02:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to spewns
Anchor Worms

Does anyone here know if there is an effective treatment for anchor worms other than just pulling them off? i have one guppie fry that has one and i cant catch him and i cant pull them off like i could on goldfish. I have read about many meds i could buy at the LFS but they all say that they may not work. the only other option i read about was what i would do to the goldfish but like i said you cant exactly catch a fry and hold in your hand and pull worms off it with tweezers. sheesh.

Old 11-09-2002, 02:42 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Jungle Laborotories makes a few products that should control anchor worms: Anchors Away, Parasite Guard tank buddies and Parasite clear tank buddies

HTH

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 10:18 AM   #3

Thanks Kevin, I am aware of these products but have never tried them. the site I was looking at implied that the chemicals in these products are more effective on the free swimming juveniles than the attached worms. I am going to try one of these products anyways......desperation. Thanks again
Old 11-15-2002, 07:22 AM   #4

wow, that sounds challenging....
Old 11-20-2002, 01:14 PM   #5

Update

well I went and purchased Parasite Clear and have used it 3 times now. I had to remove the ghost shrimp. Man were they ever hard to catch! One was totally uncatchable but a few hours after the first treatment he was drugged and easier to catch. they are all in a fishbowl and doing fine....bored but fine. I threw in a deck of cards for them to keep busy with till they can go back in the tank.
I noticed more than one fry that had attached worms but now i don't see any. not sure if they died or if the Parasite clear is working. hard to count all those little guys.
I was told by e-mail that i would have to use the treatment at half strength because of the pl*co. she seemed fine after the first dose of half strength so on the next dose i increased it to 3/4 strength. still doing fine by the 3rd dose of 3/4 strength. going to call it quits on the treatment till i see any signs of remaining worms. Cross your fingers for me

Tags
anchor, worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com