And he asks me what size tank would I be willing to take on!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melody

Aquarium Advice Addict
Holy Cow!!!
What kind of STUPID question is that!?!?!?! 8O

Last night my husband asks (out of the blue) how big of a tank would I be willing to take on. Um Honey??? Are you serious??? As big as I can get!!!

We are in the process of planning out our basement/party room/bar. I wanted to put about a 300 gal mounted in the wall beside the steps, but he drew out a plan to put one behind the bar. From the looks of the drawing and the size of bar, were looking at about 200 gal. He first wanted to make the base of the bar a tank, but with the bar stools and people, Im concerned about not being able to see it good, and also stress on the fish with all the movement and also its to close to peoples feet.. Its going to get scratched up. So it looks like it will be behind the bar. and the awsome thing is theres plumbing on the wall, so maybe I can hook this tank into that and not have to make water changes with buckets and such!!! Im so excited about this. :multi:

and the really sad part is... I already have my fish picked out, but with the way he wants to build it, they may not work. :bawl:
Maybe I can convince him :twisted: I want my Blue Dolphin Haps!!!

:lol: I'm chuckling to myself Melody. Your husband must be just like me

GAH! I wish mine was like yours.. all I get is "Why can't you just have one of those little desktop ones?"

Yet he wonders why we can't have a ray. :roll:

HEHEHE...... Hes such a great guy.... :mrgreen:

When I first asked for a tank he just gave me a blank stare... and said "Why do you want something like that???" I still asked Santa for one for Christmas and got one!!! After he saw how great it looked and how much I loved it, he agreed on one for my step daughter. After a particular incident involving furniture and some markers, the tank was moved from her room to our bed room. Well after "punishment" was over she got her tank back (three months later) he said he missed tank in our room and said he wanted another. So now hes hooked!!! :lol: WHen we met he was one of those anti-anything but dog person. Now he loves all my little fishy friends!!! Although I dont think he has any idea how much money I have put into this "hobby" :roll:

wow!!!!!!!!yer lucky!!!!!!!! 200 gals!!!!!!my bf and uncle and dad just baught me a 25 gal and all exxcesories and i was all excited. :oops: ... well i suppose it is a big thing for a 16 year old. but the mts is spreding through my house and my b/f!!!!!!!! :twisted: lol.

hehehe...Well I must also say, my basement isnt finished yet, and it can be a long time between suggestion and receiving... but at least hes thinking aobut it. We also have a saying in my home... "If Momma aint happy, No ones happy!" I'll get my 300 gal & Haps... :twisted:

tamtam, I would be thrilled about the 25 gal too. I just had someone give me a 10gal and I was elated! No matter what the size of tank, half the fun is planning the tank and fish. And if we ever decide to move, the tank will have to stay with the house, which may be a downfall for selling, ack...terriable thought!!!

Menagerie said:
And if we ever decide to move, the tank will have to stay with the house, which may be a downfall for selling,
Or a terrific addition!

Hehehe..... Menagerie, You will be the first person I call if we ever have to sell.........

you guys are so funny..... your going to buy my house based soley on that fact that it has a aquarium in the basement.... forget getting a realtor, Im just going to advertise on here... :lol:

lol, makes sence:p if it works why not:pha ha. ya fish are great!!!!!!!! I love my new tank!!!!!!!! Its so nice, my family watches the tank insted of tv.hahaha.... and they thought id be the one with the fish addiction :lol: :wink:
but ya. you go fer that 300 gal.Id fill it with lots of color fish and schooling fish. cause I think it would be awsome haven a mass of color and schools.lol :D

My DH is getting the fever too. I have a 70 gal show that I had before we got married, and now he's wanting a 300 gal to set off our entryway. My dream is to have a huge tank with a huge school of neons (or tetras, or any other schooling fish.) I think it's simply magnificent to see a large group of fish swimming together.

Your tank is going to look beautiful behind a bar. I can just imagine the lights being dimmed in your basement with the tank just glowing behind the bar.

And I confess, I'd buy a house just because it had a large built-in aquarium too! DH is talking about when we build a house having a built-in tank. It may make the house harder to resell, but we'd deal with that later.

Back
Top Bottom