..and the snails are gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yesterday I saw snail eggs in addition to the snails I had in the tank ...pesky pond snails :evil:

So I finally got a Yo-Yo loach for my 29 gallon -- pretty comical fish :) he "surveyed" the entire tank and then went to hid in one of the caves in the tank. As soon as I turned the light off in the evening, he came out and started roaming around :D and when I woke up in the morning, I saw him - and then he disappeared again after the light was turn on..I believe this is normal and have also read that yo-yos are active during the day as they get accustomed to the tank. Something other disappearing from the tank were the pesky snails :uzi: :uzi:

Wohooooooooooo! I am getting one more yo-yo today :)

yo yo's are neat fish, when they are full, they will "play dead" on a rock or plant.
glad to here you are getting the snail problem under control

My "schoolers" (danios) are already in, and when the tank's ready, I'm thinkin that the loaches/corys will be the next additions. . .

Are YoYos and corys good fish to start off with after the cycle's done?

Glad to hear that. I just bought 3 clown loaches on Tuesday and so far they are doing a good job of clearing out the snails as well. Yay for loaches!
-Stewie

Back
Top Bottom