Angel.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, somebody I know has two Angels in a 16g, and today they wanted to know if I wanted their bigger one. My only probably is my tank is only 20 gallons, which I don't think is sufficient for an angel. Am I correct in thinking this?

And if it makes a difference, it is a 20 gallon high.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I dont think thats big enough. How big is it? I think one should have at least a 30 gallon to live a good life, but thats just my opinion. Good luck!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I dont think thats big enough. How big is it? I think one should have at least a 30 gallon to live a good life, but thats just my opinion. Good luck!

Yep, that is what I though too. It is about small-medium in size.

I don't want to take the fish if I don't have a sufficient tank for it though.

Thanks for your help!

Personally, I don't think a 20 gallon High tank is big enough for a single Angelfish as a permanent home. Though, if it was to be a quarantine tank (Basically if it was temporary), it would suffice.

I would just recommend telling him that he needs to re-home both of them to a bigger tank (30 gallons for 2 Angelfish alone, more if there is any other fish) because a 16 gallon is not the right home of a Angelfish permanently

IMO if you wanted just the angel by itself, a 20G high is fine. If there's other fish in it, no. Although a 20H is not the biggest tank, it should be fine if it's not like a super veiltail.

A 29G minimum is better, especially if you wanted fish, but a 20H is feasible, even though not exactly ideal.

Yeah, I have other fish, so I think I will just skip out on the Angel. Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom