Angel Advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have absolutely no more room in my house for any aquariums, SO, I convinced my dad that his office needs an aquarium in the lobby (It's his own company) AND that the company will pay for it! I was thinking a large angelfish set up, with live plants and maybe some inverts. I've never done angels though, so any help on their set up and care would be greatly appreciated!:fish2:

keep them in groups of 4, 6 or 8.

a nice setup would be a group of angelfish and only bottom feeders (corydoras).
And if you want some movement - a school of rummynose tetras.

sometimes the best tanks are the most simplistic :)

I have two and they do great.
I only have bottomfeeders as mentioned above so the Angels get the whole water column. I do not recommend keeping inverts unless its a large tank with lots of hiding places

I'm thinking of switching one female for a male.
And they're about the size of a coke can lid. (Their bodies)

Angels are my favorite fish. I have four in a 90. What size tank are you thinking of building for the office? Taller tanks are recommended as angels veils get long. You could keep some larger inverts like Amano shrimp with them. I have four Angels with four amanos.

Typically shrimp and snails get along with angels. Angels weren't built to be efficient swimmers and normally don't bother fish unless they're prey, but even so, that's normally just neons or guppies. If you're going for a larger tank, like more than 30 or 40 gallons with hiding places, you could do a betta sorority too. Get like 6 female bettas, but try not to make them look to similar in coloration. Also, hold them up to other bettas in the store and see if they flare. Aim for no flaring. That's just my personal idea, it think it would be super awesome.

I would say bamboo shrimp would work. They are huge. I keep nine glofish in my tank as well. I'd say a reg 90 (48-18-24) would be just fine. No need for a 30" deep tank.

For a attention grabbing display I'd go for discus. :) plus most folks have seen a angelfish plenty. But folks love new things and discus are new to many. Go big seeing as your on the companies dime man. I'd have my dream tank set up if I was you.

Haha I already have a 110 discus set up. I need something that the employees can take care of since I won't be there. They wouldn't want to do the water changes

I would do a pair of altums or phillippine blue zebra angels.
You could get away with 4 but definitely plant it out well or decorate to create line of sight breaks and definite territory borders so they can get away from each other when they pair up.

Back
Top Bottom