Angel fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marie67

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a 30 gallon hexagon aquarium, and I would like to put angel fish in it. Are they ok to care for, and how many can I put in that size tank?

If you want quantity, I would say neons, tetras, guppies, mollies or something like that. I prefer fewer but nicer fish, but that is personal preference.

Honestly a 30g hex would be a tight fit for 2 angels. It's height is great but there is just such a limited swimming space. As for mollies with angels in that type/size tank is not a good idea. Mollies can get fairly large and have a bioload along with the fact in a limited space you could have aggression issues from either the angels or mollies. If you wanted to do 1 angel and some guppies that might work. IMO an angel, a school of 8 Rummynose or Cardinal tetras, and 4 cory cats for the bottom would be a nice display without overcrowding the tank.

I said MAYBE 2 angels, and mollies INSTEAD, not together. They wanted to know more fish if not Angels.

I responded to the post as I read it, my interpetation since I never saw the word "instead" of an angel. I made a comment which is what posting is for and it sure wasn't a personal attack on you so no need to get defensive. I've had both 35 and 60 gallon hex tanks and the smaller one is hard to stock due to it's odd shape which is why I made the suggestion of an angel, tetras, and cory's as they will fill and use various levels of the tank. Any livebearers if kept with males and females will cause eventual overcrowding if there isn't an outlet for fry.

No offense taken. Just clearing up what I meant for everyone. I have a 55 with angels, corys and glolight tetras. It fills the levels nicely indeed

Back
Top Bottom