Angel Fish Compatbility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got a 110gal tank and i got 6 giant danios to help cycle the tank since they were on sale. i want to get plants and a couple angelfish also. i was thinking the 6 danios, 2 angel fish,2 cory cats, and either a snail or a pleco to deal with the cleanup. i hear the snail does a better job cleaning but i dont want to get 2 because i dont want 2 to end up being 200. then depending on the space i have left ill go from there

+1 for discus lover, Discus are not difficult but your dedication to very frequent water changes is necessary to keep them thriving. ;)

If you like angelfish and eventually want to have two large ones (perhaps a pair) then start out with 6 small ones and grow them out. I thought I would eventually have to separate mine but they established their pecking order and co-existed just fine. :)

in my early days in discus keeping i used to keep my discus fish with adult angels or vice versa....moreover the size of adult discus and angel is almost same so that they can take equal food that you provide to them....

yeah i was thinking about getting discus but only when i am more experienced. They are very beautiful fish and i dont want to buy them only to have them die. PS i know how to take care of a tank and cycle it and stuff but right now i just dont want to tank the chance.

Back
Top Bottom