Angel fish eating plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm considering getting an angel fish for my 40 gallon community and if course their cichlids so most cichlids set plants
But I've gotten conflicting answers with angel fish can anyone help clear this up?
Thanks

Angel fish have been known to eat plants occasionally. Why they would start to do so is anyone's guess, but they may be missing something from their diet.

aqua_chem said:
Angel fish have been known to eat plants occasionally. Why they would start to do so is anyone's guess, but they may be missing something from their diet.

I think so to I read some people feed them algae wafers and that it looks like their eating plants but their cleaning it to lay eggs
Hm I hope mines doesn't

Mine love picking at my plants. I feed them a varied diet and I don't know why they like the plants. Sometimes I come home from work and they'll have full bellies. Strange.

Koldaar said:
Mine love picking at my plants. I feed them a varied diet and I don't know why they like the plants. Sometimes I come home from work and they'll have full bellies. Strange.

See some yes and some say no lol

I'm not gonna lie when I read the title I thought it was about a plant that ate angel fish

Fishandmusic81 said:
Can I get the width to see how many gallons that is

I'm pretty sure he said 18 inch cube. That'd be 18x18 if I had to guess lol

Mine have only ever eaten a melting Anacharis that wasn't doing so well in my tank, but then again, so did most of the other fish. Other than that they just peck at leaves, doing no damage in the process; they're always hungry and looking for tid-bits to snack on.

Yes it's 21inch high, sorry to butt in
On your thread but since the topic
Was about angels I just thought I'd
Get some advice, I've had angels before but not in a cube, think it's
About 110 litres & would only be
The 2 angels in the tank, my main
Concern is that it's only 18inch long,
But since angels are usually slow moving I thought I'd try them out
And see how they go.

Back
Top Bottom