Angel fish not getting along?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jefe

Aquarium Advice Regular
My angel are not getting along i don't know why? The two on the left stick together and the other one try's to come around but the other angel won't let it why?

Attachments

• image-1606551454.jpg
    image-1606551454.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 76
Sounds like the 2 have paired up and are defending there area

Thanks I did not know they pair up that early so what should I do?

I'm not the best person to ask when it comes to angels, sure some one will join in soon that nos more, but I can see a reason to change anything just yet,

Those angels appear to be large enough to pair up. Angels mature at 8 months of age and can pair anytime after that. I've been keeping angels for 30+ years and my best suggestion would be rehoming the unpaired angel. Once spawning begins aggression towards the other angel will increase. If you have a large tank that has alot of plants in it (fake or live), and is scaped so the plants break up the line of vision from one end of the tank to the other you may be able to keep the odd angel. Thing is it will never be allowed to enter the pairs territory or get too close to them without being chased or charged.

Got 55 gallon tank and ok thanks ill see if I rehome him will they be picking on other fishes later on?

Got 55 gallon tank and ok thanks ill see if I rehome him will they be picking on other fishes later on?

Currently I have 12 angels, 6 pairs with a lot of small fish in a heavily planted 220g. The only time they chase off other fish is during spawning and then they just charge at them quickly and go back to the eggs/fry. Most of the time a single pair in a tank that size will not even pick a territory as they will view the entire tank as theirs. Old tank mates will be fine but any new additions to the tank will have aggression aimed at them from the get go and then you have to do a few things to negate it.

Back
Top Bottom