Angel in a 20.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vienolac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know Angel fish are supposed to be in a 30 gallon, but would they be ok in a 20 gallon.
And would they be good tank mates with Molly's?

I'm wanting to add a new fish. But idk what kind.

Since my swordtail died :(. I need a new favorite haha.

Opinions?

I know Angel fish are supposed to be in a 30 gallon, but would they be ok in a 20 gallon.
And would they be good tank mates with Molly's?

I'm wanting to add a new fish. But idk what kind.

Since my swordtail died :(. I need a new favorite haha.

Opinions?

Just looking over your profile, do you still have the 5 Molly's in there? What's an updated stock list?

Ya I just updated my profile yesterday.
Probably going to be over stocked then I feel like that Is where this convo would be heading. Lol

But. Yes my profile is what I currently have. Profile picture is tank.

Samzter said:
No I wouldn't. 20g doesn't give them the depth they need nor the swimming space.

+1
I also think if you add an angel into a tank that (judging by your stocking is probably maxed out anyway) you will get territorial problems too. I have an angel in with mollies and they are fine together but my tank is 260 litres (69g)

Yea I would just say no because of the space and i would have recommended a gourami instead (they're kinda the same except they don't need the head and leg room haha) but with the five Molly's and your other stock I would say not to add anything at all. I think that you should think about rehoming or returning some of the Molly's, they're big dirty fish and you may have some parameter issues down the road. But since you weren't asking for a stock critique I'll just leave it at that

Hmm. Well see originally I planned on removing the guppy and the Cory. But then I never did.
I thought about a gourami. But I think your right...

Looks like I'm just going to keep what I got for now. I have a 55 gal that I will be setting up at some point.

So that should be fun to get stocked. Lol

Plus I do 2x 33% pwc weekly to keep parameter low. & have plants to help with nitrate

That's good, I think some of the Molly's should make the trip to the 55, that that's my opinion haha. I've never had one, but all I ever hear is how their bioload is so much more than what other fish their size is

You'd be able to keep an angel in the 55g :).

The females molly Definatly poop all the time lol.

The males aren't that bad.

Back
Top Bottom