angel pair fighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

convict78

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a pair of angels that have spawned about four times,they ate the eggs every time so far.never had a problem before but now the female is aggressive to the male.i thought it would pass but when i came home from work the other day he looked so bad i didnt think he would last another day with her so i moved him to another tank to recover.that was three days ago,today he looked good to go back in with her so i crossed my fingers and put him back in with her,but she started to beat him up right away.my question is has this happened to anyone else?and what should i do? i like them together and dont want to find a new home for him

I got the same issue, I call it the Ike and Tina Turner syndrome. My male used to beat the female and now she beats on him, both have laid eggs over 6 times everytime he initiate the consumption process. I got mine together and yes they fight like mad but neither one are injured enough to warrant a strong health concern on my end. I got 4 new angels growing up to go in with them soon to hopefully re-establish the order and get the alpha pair back to being the alpha's.

i still have them in the same tank ,but he is hiding in a corner behind plants looking stressed.they started doing the lip locking thing first,but got worse over the week

I think we both have males that arent suitable for our females.

I asked a few breeders at the recent GCCA swap and they havnt had these issues before. They are cichlids afterall and the territory might be in dispute.

Back
Top Bottom