angel suddenly died over night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went to a local pet store (pets choice) and bought 2 angels from a tank they were observing, but he told me that the plecos were being observed because they were dying, not the angel fish. They both died with in three days so i took them back.

I went to a different store (pet supplies plus), purchased an angel, he is still a live.

a few days later i went to a different store, petsmart, and purchased one more for a little friend, a few days later it started swimming funny, other fish were picking on it and it soon died.

went back to petsmart bought another (i believe they probably got a new batch in since). It seemed perfectly fine for atleast 4-5 days. last night it seemed fine, today DEAD. what the heck? i did do a 10% water change, but nothing abnormal, added a couple plants.

the one from pet supplies plus is still a live and fine...

Have you checked your water just to make sure everything is ok? What are the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels (post them please if you know them).

What is your water change schedule like (how often and how much water)?

Also how do you acclimate your fish before putting them into the tank? That could be the issue.

Since you got them from a few different places and they all died I wouldn't say it's bad stock every time, more than likely it's some issue with the tank or the way you acclimated them. Just guessing though.....

I highly doubt its my tank. Wouldn't I be having trouble with my other 24 fish? Like I said the first two came from a tank that shouldn't of been sold from. The next store had a betta in with the angels which is was nibbling on a dead angel...
Petsmart had just gotten them in the same day...
Anyways levels are good. It may raise a tiny bit (not even .25) when I add new fish. I let the bag float for 20-30 minutes. Add a couple cups of my water, let it sit again for 20-30 min. All my others were fine this way

Back
Top Bottom