Angel vs Parrot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xzap

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I add a Parrot fish to my tank last week and the angel decided she wanted to bully and chase her around the tank. Poor lil parrot had to stay hid in a cave all the time.

So, everytime the angel would head for the Parrot, I'd stop her with a long pruning tool. It took about 3 days, but now the angel stopped chasing the Parrot.

But now the Parrot is chasing the angel !

dave

The parrot is 1/2 the size of the angel so I think they'll work it out on their own.
I think the parrot was just showing off knowing I was there to intervene !

dave

As an owner of 2 parrots, I can tell you that they have the potential to be quite aggressive and intolerant. Of course, it depends on the individual fish, but I would expect that you will have serious problems when your parrot grows up.

I did the angel / parrot combo once. I was told the parrots were peaceful fish, and the two I had were peaceful. In my current tank I decided not to chance it again, after hearing tales of bully parrots. Not really bullies, I suppose, just behaving in their normal temperment? Hope it works out for you, it is possible that it will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom