angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks and sorry for any ranting. It's frustrating because I remember being there and getting terrible advice and false info at the LFS. That's what led me to the forums... people that actually care.

well, i went to the lfs to get rid of my 2 goldfish for that overstocked situation, and since more of the fish are on the way out, i figured i could try the goby( he looked interesting) but she never mentioned the brackish thing.. but after researching, i now know.. i apologize.. its frustrating, thinking im doing something good, only to have it probably worse..

Reactions: HN1
these fish that are in the tank, i got when i was careless and didnt pay attention to the compatability, and im trying to make it better, but it took a step backward.. can you guys tell me if i hit it right with the pink tailed shark?

Yeah, we have all wandered into the LFS at one point or another and saw all of the poor fish stuck in small tanks and wanted to take all of them home. We think we can provide a better life than they currently have, but sometimes don't know the full extend of their care requirements. The workers at the LFS don't help either because they just tell you what you want to hear so they can make a sale because, really, that's all they care about.

Most of the time it is better to just leave the fish at the store and hope that another responsible aquarist comes along and gives the fish a good home.

I applaud your intentions and it is a good thing that you are coming on here looking for help/advice. It means that you care about the fish and are looking into providing the best for them.

thanks viper.. i will take the dragon goby back soon, i cant right now, cause im low on money and gas now.. probablywith a week.. the goby should be fine till then?

I think you are referring to a red-tailed shark. Yes, they can successfully co-exist in your tank, provided that you remove some of the other fish so that the tank isn't crowded.

They can sometimes show aggression but that really depends on the temperament of the fish. Each one seems to have its own personality.

Red tail sharks and their native home

nooo, this thing has a pink tail a gray body and yellow fins on its belly, i have heard its called a pink tailed chalceus or a pink tailed erythurus.. this is definitly not a red tailed sharkk.. those are tempermental toward their own kind.. ive had them.

A chalceus is definitely not a good long term choice IMO. They get big and are VERY active fish.

that was the one fish i did research before getting.. mine is already big, about 5 1/2" and read on fish profiles that a standard 55 gallon was the minimum. they get to be about 8" ive read.. but i still have to eliminate some of my fish

Back
Top Bottom