Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamBattersby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, just wondered how many angelfish can go in a 225l tank? Waiting til it's cycled first but I've got 2 blue gouramis, 3 angels, 6 gold/orange gouramis, 2 red robin gouramis, 1 Bala shark and 5 peppered corydoras, how many more angels would you suggest? As I love them! The tank is fairly tall and deep rather than long and wide

Thanks

umm. none. Your tank is over stocked as it is... and the stocking choices really aren't that great either. That many gourami should not be in that tank together and that bala is going to outgrow your tank too.

You really need to start rehoming some fish before you think about adding any more. If you ditch the gourami(or most) and the bala you might be able to add another angel or 2... what do you have for filtration? knowing that would be helpful

I have an internal fluval u4, the gourami are mainly small though? Just the two blue that are big, but have claimed a territory each, I may move some of the smaller gourami into my smaller tank then

What's wrong with that many gourami though? Just the tank size?

sort of yes and sort of no.

It sounds like they are juveniles, so it is probably working for you now but as they mature I would expect to start seeing a lot more aggression in them. Typically you don't want to keep more than a couple gourami per tank for this reason unless you maybe have a huge tank and it's heavily planted to allow a lot of hiding. I had 2 mature gourami(a DG and honey) in a 30 gallon tank and had to split them up because of the fighting. They were great for over a year this way and then just started at each other.

This of course is just aggression wise but you are also generally just over stocked too.

Ahha I see, thank you for your advice, it's helped a lot, gonna see if I can get rid of or move some of the gouramis then and not sure about the Bala shark at the moment as he's tiny but thanks for ur help

Ahha I see, thank you for your advice, it's helped a lot, gonna see if I can get rid of or move some of the gouramis then and not sure about the Bala shark at the moment as he's tiny but thanks for ur help

no prob. I know it's kind of a kick in the pants to hear when your set up doesn't work long term. I love gourami and seriously wish I could do a species only tank, would just be so awesome looking. I just stick with putting at least 1 in every tank I can. ;)

Back
Top Bottom