angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticHooper23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just purchased fish from petsmart and I know you shouldn't but I've bought all my fish from there since I started and non of them have been sick, the people there actually know there stuff.

Anyways I just bought some veil angelfish and are currently drip acclimating. They seem to be healthy, really active and healthy fins. But i just wanted to be sure, what are signs of healthy angelfish? What do they do if there sick? Also how do you tell if one is male or female?

Sense he/she is new you really wont know. If there swiming around the tank and not just sitting on one spot. Clench fins, color. For the sexing, its really hard and the only sure way is when he/she is ready to breed.

Angels should be graceful, and the fins should be full. An angel with tattered fins and swimming fast or quickly usually isn't a good sign.

I'd also look out for them hanging about the bottom of the tank during the day if I were you - if they are on their side more than usual or lying on your substrate during the day or if you notice other fish picking at your angel, then there's probably something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom