Angelfish Aggression!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bullnugget

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I was at the LFS this evening and saw a black veil angel. $22 I really couldn't pass it up, it is about 4" (body size) so I grabbed it along with a few other fish. Problem I have is I already have an Angel, about 5" body size (just a bit bigger than the black veil) I have tried to add angels in the past but they were usually pretty small (less than 2") and never lasted long with my big guy.

Well, not 30 seconds after taking him out of the bag it was on!!! My bigger one is ALLLL OVERRR this black veil, I just shut the lights out trying to cool him down. I would have never gotten the black veil if it cost anymore, but I figured $22 I can give it a shot as Angels that big usually run easy over $60. I would really like to add another Angel to my tank. I have a 55 now, but have a 90 waiting on a stand I am upgrading to.

Any help to settle this guy down is VERY appreciated!!

Did you rearrange your tank? I've heard that rearranging the decor to break up "his territory" can help. Also take him out while you do this, acclimate the new guy first (let him chill for an hour) and then add your big guy back (acclimate him too obviously :p).

well AWESOME I think it has worked. Did a good cleaning today, so I took the big guy out for about an hour, rearranged the tank, even put my old ugly fluorescent light back on since its pointless using my power compact without and plants. Put him back in and they are floating together now, the black veil is even eating now!!

I am glad I got this to work, the black veil looks to be in bad shape, it has some split fins. Hopefully it will get better!

Back
Top Bottom