Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-21-2016, 11:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Angelfish and betta sorority

So get ready for the essay

Essentially I have a 2x1x1.5 ft tank that currently holds 4 females (one recently died) so I ordered 3 more online and I'm upgrading to a 3 foot tank (around 30 gallons)
My 4 remaining females have been fighting (due to being able to see a male) in the meanwhile so I have seperated them ALL to individual 5 gallon tanks whilst I wait for my 3 females to arrive so I can introduce them at the same time.

In the meanwhile.
I have purchased some super cheap tanks online, the deal is I need to take two 7cm angelfish with them.
I was wondering, once my tank is up and running if the bettas and angelfish will do well together,
My tank is HEAVILY planted and I feel like the Angels won't have too much room.

They are beautiful angels and I would like to keep them but if it doesn't work I'll probably just give them away for free.

Thanks ^.^

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 06-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I have tried a male betta and angelfish together for a short period. Tank setup suited the betta (e.g. slow water flow, hiding spots for him to sleep) - I think that would be key and you would need to watch carefully. This angelfish is quite sedate though as well.

My experience with angelfish is that unless they are hunting down small neons and other fish, they stay apart and don't go after other fish particularly. If the angelfish do however decide to stake out a corner for breeding or anything, then make sure the tank is long enough for other fish to go elsewhere. In my limited experience they will guard about a square foot.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:34 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Carriwin
I've had female angels and male bettas together before. Things seem to be fairly decent with the two in the same tank with little issue.

Tags
angel, angelfish, betta, betta sorority, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com