Angelfish & Cory Cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colemanburns

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
55 gallon cycled I want to know if angelfish & corys are compatible? Also, any ideas on what I could put around two angels as my center piece

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes they are compatible. Mostly any bottom feeder would get left alone. You could try Cardinal tetras because from what I read they get along. Or a less nippy larger tetra like a white or black skirt. Or maybe some rummy nose. Or you could try some live bearers like sword tails, platies, or mollies. They get along with most anything that's not aggressive or too fin nippy. So no tiger barbs. It's also best to avoid really small tetras like neons but I have seen it work. I've also seen people keep angels with gourami. Both Dwarf and large. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cardinals are compatible with Angels *if* the Cardinals are large enough to not fit into the Angel's mouth. In other words, don't mix young Cardinals with adult Angels.

Angels are fine with cories, I agree that a larger less nippy tetra species would be good, or harlequin rasboras.

Generally angels are top to mid tank fish so anything on the bottom should be safe. If you are still concerned add some decorations to break up the line of sight :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I think rummynose tetras would work, they usually stay in between the angels and cories in the water column

Back
Top Bottom