Angelfish and Red eye tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torres

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, i recently add 2 new young angelfish to my 47 gallon, there were 4 red eye tetras already and i've noticed that some of them were bothering the angelfish from time to time, so now the red eye tetra are in the 15 gallon alone.
I would like to get rid from them, but the lfs wont take it. So how many of them do i need to keep to stop them to nip other fish?
And any other fish apart from gourami to be like a centre fish?

thanks.

From what Ive been told the neons shouldnt mess with the angels. Im actually looking into getting an angel or two for my 29, well both my 29's. My zebra danios seem like they might mess with an angel if I got one, they chase my guppies.

It is very common for tetras to fin nip bigger fish the problem will only get worse if you add more fish but I think.you have mSsg the right move so far. Now the thing tdo.would be to re introduce them back to the tank with the angel fish. Then it appears as if the angel fish are the dominant and established fish

From what Ive been told the neons shouldnt mess with the angels. Im actually looking into getting an angel or two for my 29, well both my 29's. My zebra danios seem like they might mess with an angel if I got one, they chase my guppies.

It is very common for tetras to fin nip bigger fish the problem will only get worse if you add more fish but I think.you have mSsg the right move so far. Now the thing tdo.would be to re introduce them back to the tank with the angel fish. Then it appears as if the angel fish are the dominant and established fish
Red eye tetra suppose to nip if in small number.
And im thinking about putting then in the other tank again, hopefully without any problem, cuz i need the 15 gallon to get my molly to give birth.

Well first you should up the number of the red eyes to a property school. At least 6 with more being the better amount. When there is more of a school the aggression is spread between them more and not other tank mates, plus the would feel more secure and be less tempted to attack when threatened.

Well first you should up the number of the red eyes to a property school. At least 6 with more being the better amount. When there is more of a school the aggression is spread between them more and not other tank mates, plus the would feel more secure and be less tempted to attack when threatened.

I guess maybe Ill got some more danios, see if they stop being meanies. they are expensive...Ive got 3, so three more and I should be good huh?

yes i will see if im going to get more or just do something with them
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom