Angelfish comparability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndrewP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So today I was going to get another angelfish and get some new platies for my 55 gallon tank. The pets mart employee told me the angelfish will be agressive towards them. I am skeptical obviously cause petsamrts don't always know what they are talking about but to be I didn't get the platies.

Can someone one please confirm whether it is a good idea to have angelfish and platies in the same tank?

Also would blue Rams be good with angelfish?

Edit: just realized my title says comparability RIP auto correct

Both should be fine. Every fish is different but under normal circumstances they should work fine together.

Angels are cichlids and cichlids tend to have unique personalities. Silly as it sounds they can be complete bullies, softies, goofs,weirdos.. you name it.. you throw them in the tank and see how it goes?? Rehome if there's an issue. Ime rams and angels was a major no. Both had big tudes and the ram wouldn't back down, angel would have killed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have several large adult angels in same tank with a few platys and no issues.

I had to remove an angelfish due to aggression once the were adults. But just as Brookster said they all have different personalities. My one angelfish coexists with my loaches and Bolivian Rams. But could not with another angelfish.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had angels ever since I could keep my own tank. I've had swords, platies, mollies, guppies, rams and have never had an issue. I keep my tanks well planted for the smaller fish to hide and claim their own territory. Only problem I've ever had was a few tetras nipping at fins.

Back
Top Bottom