angelfish compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tulip55555 said:
Not sure about the breeding size, but not all parents will raise the eggs/young. They will eat them, and so will any other fish in the tank. Sometimes they raise them right away, sometimes after experience, and sometimes they never will. Some people move the eggs to another tank and hatch them there. There is a lot to be learned if you plan on breeding. I'd do some research.

I wasn't really planning on breeding. It was more just what to do when they mate

Ok wait. So do I have to get angelfish that are paired? Or is that just for breeding?
What happens if I get two males or two females or two that arent paired?

are angels and silver dollars compatible? (this seems like the thread to ask this question haha)

Yes. I hope you have a big tank though. And I would try to get them similar in size to whichever is already in your tank.

tulip55555 said:
Yes. I hope you have a big tank though. And I would try to get them similar in size to whichever is already in your tank.

Oh haha, i dont have any yet, when my family moves were going to set up a big tank :)

I would say if you get two from the same tank at the pet store they should get along. Or even from different tanks, but introduce them to your tank at the same time so no one has an established territory when the other comes in. If one becomes aggressive sometimes the store will exchange it. You can also change the decor around to skew the territory and that usually helps stop the aggression. I'm not so sure that an adult male/female breeding pair is a good idea.
P.S. when I mentioned the breeding pair and babies it was meant as a warning, not a suggestion. You shouldn't breed them unless you know what you are doing. In a community tank the babies will just be fish food.

Oh haha, i dont have any yet, when my family moves were going to set up a big tank :)

Cool! Always good to plan ahead and research, which you obviously are doing if you are here in the forum and don't even have fish. (y)

tulip55555 said:
I would say if you get two from the same tank at the pet store they should get along. Or even from different tanks, but introduce them to your tank at the same time so no one has an established territory when the other comes in. If one becomes aggressive sometimes the store will exchange it. You can also change the decor around to skew the territory and that usually helps stop the aggression. I'm not so sure that an adult male/female breeding pair is a good idea.
P.S. when I mentioned the breeding pair and babies it was meant as a warning, not a suggestion. You shouldn't breed them unless you know what you are doing. In a community tank the babies will just be fish food.

The only reason I was wanting a pair is because I thought I needed a pair if I wanted them to get along.
And I know the babies are a lot of work.
The only other fish in my tank are cories

Back
Top Bottom