Angelfish eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wheelsondown

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think one of my angelfish is laying eggs on the filter shaft. I have two, but I don't know if they're male or female. I really don't want to deal with babies. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408661367.451099.jpg I think I have a male & female. How do I get rid the eggs? How do I stop this from happening again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If don't want them just scoop them out of the tank and flush them away- i know it sound harsh. but I normally keep a few babys to raise myself as it makes me proud or see if your local fish store will take them when hatched hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What else is in your tank? It is highly unlikely that any young will ever hatch and make it in an active community, not without intervention on our part. That is assuming the parents don't eat them. IME, plenty of angel parents will eat them as soon as they become wigglers. If you don't want more eggs or breeding behavior, then you will need to remove an angel.

I don't know what else lives in your tank, but I have two large angels who lay eggs regularly. The babies hatch, but I also have platys and a gourami who are crafty predators for the young. So far none have made it, but I don't really have room for another angel,boss I consider it 'live food' source.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The only way to stop it is remove one of them

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom