Angelfish guidance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khalix

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm definitely going to be getting a 60 gallon tank by February. It's a tall which wasn't originally my first choice, but I was doing a little reading about Angelfish and apparently they prefer it anyway. I had to choose between them and discus(I love both!), but not quite sure I am ready for them, not to mention their price-tags. :rolleyes:

I'm mainly curious to know if there's anything not so obvious I should know about Angelfish before I take the plunge once it's cycled(I'm a bit of an over-planner). I know they can be territorial when breeding and feeding. I know a few people who keep them with neon tetra's and cardinals.

What's the general number to keep Angels grouped in? They would be going in with my current school of neons(probably plus a few) and a school of green Cory cats. Do they prefer a certain type of subtrate? I'd have to keep it at least moderately planted because my neon's love their greenery.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. :cool:

PS: this emoticon is creepy. ---> :eating:

If you are going to have them with neons get them when they are small so hopefully they won't look at the neons as food. I have heard that neons are NEVER safe with angels but I had 2 angels in with neons and never had a problem with neons disapearing.
Also they say that you should let angels pair off on their own...I guess I'm not really sure what that means...get a bunch of them and then when they pair off get rid of the rest? Wish I could be more help on that one.

If you get neons while the angels are young and can't fit them in their mouth, they should learn to get along. You'll want either a single angel, a pair, or 5+ so that some fish don't get picked on. They would prefer a planted tank, I don't think they care about substrate. I think that's pretty much it unless you want to breed them.

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom